When I was in High school , during the Summer before my Senior year I worked two jobs. In the morning I worked at a Preschool as a teacher , and from there I went to my waitressing job until closing. Many nights I would be travelling home close to 12 AM. The drive home was all dark country roads, with not many street lamps.
Being the responsible teenager that I was I forgot to put gas in my car before all the gas stations closed. I had other things on my mind like calling my then boyfriend, now husband on the phone, finally eating dinner…( the nice man I worked for never let me have a break. Young, naive 17 year old me never said a word as I snacked on pickles in the back freezer area. If I was lucky I snuck some crackers from the salad bar )
My healthy dinner of chicken Alfredo and mountain dew wafting from the passenger seat distracted me from noticing my gas light was on. Whipping my tiny Chevy Cavalier around the country roads I let my hair be taken away by the wind. I thought I was really something cool because I was the only girl I knew that drove a five speed. As I approached the stop sign that was only a minute away from my house my car began to shake a bit,
It was then I noticed my gas light was below the red line. I pushed my foot on the accelerator as my little car made it into the middle of the road and shut off. Being this late at night I was sure no one would be on these back country roads. I could sit there and call my Dad to come put some gas in my car and I could be on my way,
About a half a mile away I saw headlights coming my direction from the right. I slammed my foot harder on the accelerator with no such luck. The car was approaching faster , and I knew I needed to get out of the car or I could die. Without a thought I yelled at the top of my lungs:
” JESUS PLEASE PUT GAS IN MY CAR!’
It was the first time in my life I saw God work immediately. I watched the needle on my gas gauge move up , I put my foot on the accelerator and headed straight home.
Back then I knew he had saved my life, but the extreme miracle that I had just witnessed didn’t resonate in my spirit like it does today. I remember telling all my friends this story, and feeling as if no one believed me. This silenced the story, and soon I never told anyone of it. That is what can happen if we allow our faith to be affected by nay sayers.
Back then I was happy about two things: I didn’t die. I didn’t have to get gas the rest of the week.
WHY IS IT SO HARD FOR PEOPLE TO BELIEVE THIS STORY WHEN JESUS DID ALL OF THIS:
- Jesus changed water into wine (John 2:1-11). ( MY PERSONAL FAVORITE )
- Jesus cured the nobleman’s son (John 4:46-47). 9 ( THEN WE CAN’T HE PUT GAS IN MY CAR?)
- The great haul of fishes (Luke 5:1-11).
- Jesus cast out an unclean spirit (Mark 1:23-28).
- Jesus cured Peter’s mother-in-law of a fever (Mark 1:30-31).
- Jesus healed a leper (Mark 1:40-45).
- Jesus healed the centurion’s servant (Matthew 8:5-13).
- Jesus raised the widow’s son from the dead (Luke 7:11-18).
- Jesus stilled the storm (Matthew 8:23-27).
- Jesus cured two demoniacs (Matthew 8:28-34).
- Jesus cured the paralytic (Matthew 9:1-8).
- Jesus raised the ruler’s daughter from the dead (Matthew 9:18-26).
- Jesus cured a woman of an issue of blood (Luke 8:43-48).
- Jesus opened the eyes of two blind men (Matthew 9:27-31).
- Jesus loosened the tongue of a man who could not speak (Matthew 9:32-33).
- Jesus healed an invalid man at the pool called Bethesda (John 5:1-9).
- Jesus restored a withered hand (Matthew 12:10-13).
- Jesus cured a demon-possessed man (Matthew 12:22).
- Jesus fed at least five thousand people (Matthew 14:15-21).
- Jesus healed a woman of Canaan (Matthew 15:22-28).
- Jesus cured a deaf and mute man (Mark 7:31-37).
- Jesus fed at least four thousand people (Matthew 15:32-39).
- Jesus opened the eyes of a blind man (Mark 8:22-26).
- Jesus cured a boy who was plagued by a demon (Matthew 17:14-21).
- Jesus opened the eyes of a man born blind (John 9:1-38)
- Jesus cured a woman who had been afflicted eighteen years (Luke 13:10-17).
- Jesus cured a man of dropsy (Luke 14:1-4).
- Jesus cleansed ten lepers (Luke 17:11-19).
- Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead (John 11:1-46).
- Jesus opened the eyes of two blind men (Matthew 20:30-34).
- Jesus caused the fig tree to wither (Matthew 21:18-22).
- Jesus restored the ear of the high priest’s servant (Luke 22:50-51).
- Jesus rose from the dead (Luke 24:5-6).
- The second great haul of fishes (John 21:1-14).
LIKE, LETS TRUST HIM MORE.
Reliving this experience now it has taught me a few things:
- Do not put God in a box. He still does miracles.
- Be careful who you share your heart with ( HAHAHAH says the girl who writes super personal stuff on her blog )
- ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS ASK! ARE WE ASKING HIM ENOUGH?